FEATURED EVENTS & CLASSES
We ARE HIRING!
SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR...
The Alliance Française de Charlottesville (AFC) is currently conducting a search for a new Executive Director. The AFC is a non-profit member-based French cultural organization dedicated to teaching the French language and promoting and sharing French culture for the enrichment of the greater Charlottesville community. We encourage cross-cultural dialogue by fostering community for people of all ages and walks of life with a shared interest in French language and culture.
The Director reports to the volunteer Board of Directors and supervises a Head Teacher and additional teachers, and an Operations Assistant; as well as volunteers and interns. The Executive Director’s primary objectives are to increase the presence and outreach of the Alliance Française in the community and to provide staff leadership and day-to-day management oversight for the organization in the fulfillment of its mission. Day-to-day duties include:
• Maintaining an up-to-date membership database;
• Communicating regularly with the membership, teachers, and larger community members through an active website, email and social media presence, as well as through newsletters, maintaining a regular office presence, special outreach campaigns, and community meetings;
• Work with the Board to facilitate achievement of fundraising targets by obtaining grants and seeking donations, including by planning and implementing at least four large-scale fundraising and community events a year;
• Developing and managing eight six-week sessions of adult classes per year;
• Coordinating various children's academic and cultural activities such as classes, Advanced Placement test preparation; a summer camp, and after-school programs;
• Designing and implementing new classes, programs, and events to expand and enhance AFC’s presence in the greater Charlottesville area;
• Managing the AFC budget, including monthly financial reporting and annual planning;
• Regularly informing the Board and its Executive Committee of developments; and
• Working with the Board on planning and strategy.
AFC is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual with:
· Experience in the areas of non-profit or school management, fundraising, marketing and event planning;
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills with an eye for detail;
· Ability to track multiple, diverse projects while working independently without close or constant supervision;
· Knowledge of or comfort exploring and experimenting with social media platforms, web and marketing material design programs such as Facebook, SquareSpace, and Canva;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and database utilization; and
· French language proficiency (Although business is primarily conducted in English, French language skills are required for integration into the French-speaking community in the Charlottesville area.).
The Executive Director position is a part-time to full-time position with hours to be determined based on organizational needs. Compensation is commensurate with experience and hours to be worked.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until July 17th, 2017. Position slated to begin late July or early August 2017.